Monday 5 December 2016

10 Ways to feel Festive

Hey everyone! 

Do you already feel festive this december? If not, this is my top 10 list with things I do every year before Christmas to feel festive.


1) Go to a Christmas Market

 

Here in Germany most of the Christmas Markets start the weekend before the 1st advent, so quite early. Just ask some friends and go there together to see all the nice festive things they sell. 

Mulled Wine at the Christmas Market



2) Drink Mulled Wine

 

When you're doing point 1 in the list you should also have a 'Glühwein' there. If you're not a big fan of mulled wine try another christmassy drink there, an apple an cinnamon drink is delicious! But be careful, you get tipsy way faster than you think! 😉


3) Create your Christmas Playlist

 

For me, Christmas Music is one of the best ways to feel festive. Just grab your phone and create your own playlist, I like to use Spotify for it. I like to mix modern songs and really classic ones from my childhood together. I honestly listen to it 24/7 the last days. 


4) Have an Advent Calendar

 

If you have an advent calender you can be excited to open it every day! And there are soooo many different types of calenders that I'm sure everyone would like one. This year I have a Cadbury Calendar, love it!


5) Watch Christmas Movies

 

Who doesn't get in a festive mood while watching Christmas movies? I've just seen The Holiday and feel super christmassy again. If you need some more inspiration have a look at my blog again tomorrow, I'll write about my favourite Christmas Movies then. 



6) Wear Christmas Jumpers

 

I absolutely love to wear Christmas Jumpers all the day. Some of them are so cute! Unfortunately I only own one with an icebear but this weekend I'm in London and I'm defenetly going to buy some more. Yesterday I watched Zoellas Christmas Jumper Haul so I found some inspiration. 


7) Bake Christmas Cookies

 

One of my favourite things before Christmas is baking cookies with my family or friends. You can listen to Chtistmas music while baking to feel even more festive. In my opinion the decorating is even more fun than the baking! I love to decorate my cookies very festive! 


Christmas Market in Essen


8) Make your home look christmassy

 

I love it when my room looks christmassy. I have an advent wreath, nice smelling candles and other decorations everywhere. I'm going to visit my family for Christmas in two weeks so I don't have a Christmas Tree here, but if you stay at your place for longer get a Christmas Tree and decorate it. The smell of it is better than everything else!

 

9) Wait underneath the Mistletoe

 

This is one thing I'll do this Christmas a lot! If you have a special person use every opportunity to get a kiss unterneath a mistletoe. I have no idea why but to me it feels even more special than kissing somewhere else. And you all know what they say: Kissing under the mistletoe is magical!

 

10) Spend time with the people you love

 

Last but defenetly not least: Spend time with your family and friends. For me one of the most importst things for Christmas is my family so I try to spend as much time as possible with them. The ultimate feeling festive tip is: Do all the christmassy things with them together!


What are your favourite things to get in a christmassy mood

See you soon!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment