Thursday 1 December 2016

My Favourite Christmas Songs

Hello everyone!

I decided to do Blogmas! 🎄 I'm so excited about it because I've been in a really christmassy mood for a few weeks now. 

Some of you may already know that I'm German so some of my favourite songs are in German as well. I hope I can find a link to all of the songs so you can listen to them if you like. I'll also explain what the song is about if it's not English.


1) In der Weihnachtsbäckerei - Rolf Zuckowski

 

The first song is a German one I heard the first time when I was a baby. Rolf Zuckowski has lots of albums but the christmassy ones are my favourites. 

When I was little my whole family liked to bake cookies together and we listend to Rolf Zuckowski the whole time. He sings about a Christmas Bakery, how to bake, what to do and what can go wrong. 

Everytime I listen to this song I remember all the great times when we baked cookies and had an amazing time. 





 2) Driving home for Christmas - Chris Rea

 

As you may know I live in another city than the rest of my family because of my studies. The city is so far away that I only see them during my holidays so the last time I've seen them was at my birthday at the end of september. 

So every year a few days before Christmas I drive back home to see my family. I miss my family pretty much during the time before Christmas so I'm always really happy to see them again. Every year I listen to this song during driving home and I feel so good because I know I'm home to see the most important persons for me soon. 





3) All I want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey


I guess this one is quite obvious. I'm a girl, I love christmassy songs, I love lovesongs so I love this one! 

In Germany you usually don't have mistletoes, I don't know why but there are just a few people that know this tradition but since I heard that song the first time I have a mistletoe in my house every year (just in case!). This year there even is a special guy that will hopefully kiss me when I stand unterneath it waiting for him. 👫





4) Santa Clause is coming to town - Michael Bublé

 

That's a song that always makes me feel good and I want to dance while I'm hearing it! Micheal Bublés Christmas ablum in general is one I really like because it's so different to most of the others. I get so excited and happy while listening to it. 





5) Dicke rote Kerzen

 

To be honest, I don't know who wrote this song but it's defenetley one of my favourites! This song is about being excited about Christmas and that it's not long till Christmas. Also the things that happen the time before Christmas is described, like baking cookies and go to Christmas Markets.

This video hasn't a good quality but so you can listen to it. 






6) Last Christmas - Wham!

 

Ok, I guess that's a song you can discuss about and to be honest: I can't decide if I love or hate this song! In a weird way I like it and it's stuck in my had all day but sometimes when they play it in the radio I have to switch it off because I'm so annoyed. 




Which Christmas songs do you like? What do you think about the German ones? Let me know in the comments. 


See you tomorrow!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment